I made these simple delicious brownies on Ireland AM on Friday 12th January
- 120g milk chocolate
- 280g dark chocolate (70% is good)
- 280g butter
- 150g plain flour
- 350g light soft brown sugar
- 6 eggs beaten
- Zest of 1 orange
- 1 Terry’s Chocolate Orange
- In a microwave or in a bain-marie melt the dark & milk chocolate and butter together, put aside to cool.
- In a separate bowl combine flour, sugar and eggs and whisk until mixture is smooth.
- Add the cooled chocolate mix to this bowl and mix until combined. Grate in the zest of one orange and mix in.
- Pour half the batter into a lined 12in X 8in tin.
- Chop up 1/2 a chocolate orange and sprinkle on top of the batter.
- Pour the second half of the batter on top with the second half of the chopped chocolate orange. (Keep some aside for decoration).
- Bake in a preheated oven of 170 degrees for 30 mins.
- When brownies are cooled cut into 16 squares.
- Drizzle with melted chocolate and sprinkle the top with the remaining chocolate orange.