A no-bake recipe that’s fun and delicious to make. A perfect project to keep the kids entertained in the kitchen. The mini size are perfect for entertaining and dinner parties. Sprinkle with edible gold glitter for extra glamour.
- 250g digestive biscuits
- 90g butter melted
- 200g smooth peanut butter, divided into 150g and 50g amounts
- 400g chocolate – I like to use 200g milk and 200g plain chocolate mixed
- Toppings of your choice – Reese’s pieces, peanut M&M’s, Smarties, chopped pretzels…whatever takes your fancy!
You will need 12 cupcake liners and a cupcake tin for regular size, or you can make these in a mini muffin tin with mini liners. Makes 12 regular or 24 mini bites.
- Place the digestive biscuits into a plastic bag, a ziploc bag is perfect, and bash them with a rolling pin or wooden spoon until broken into fine crumbs. (Don’t fully seal the top of the bag or it will burst!) Alternatively, you can put your biscuits into a food processor and pulse into fine crumbs.
- Add the melted butter to the digestives along with 150g of peanut butter and mix well together.
- Place cupcake liners into a cupcake tin and spoon the biscuit mixture evenly into each cup – you should have enough for 12 cups. Press the mixture down with the back of a spoon to make a firm base.
- Place in the fridge to firm up for at least ½ hour.
- Melt your chocolate over a bain-marie or in a microwave.
- Add the remaining 50g of peanut butter to the chocolate and mix well together.
- Spoon the chocolate mixture on top of your biscuit base and then add your chosen toppings.
- Place back in the fridge for the chocolate to set.
with IrelandAM presenter Alan Hughes