CHOOSING YOUR WEDDING CAKE
Your wedding cake is a crucial part of your reception, on view for your guests as they enter and a focal point for many photographs. There are so many options for your wedding cake. You can choose a traditional fondant iced cake, or go for a more relaxed soft-iced style or a rustic naked cake. Some couples opt for dessert tables or a cupcake tower instead of just one cake.
We recommend that you talk to us at least 6-9 months before your wedding, perhaps 12 months before for Summer or Bank Holiday weddings.
Free, no obligation consultation
There are many factors to consider before choosing your cake. We are happy to meet with you to discuss your ideas and requirements. Please contact us to make an appointment for a free no-obligation consultation. Feel free to bring along anything that is an inspiration for your wedding such as magazine clippings, fabric samples or photographs. All our cakes are made to order. Previous designs can be adapted or we are delighted to discuss new designs.
Kelly made the most amazing wedding cake for our daughter and her fiance. It was stunning in every way. Each tier was executed to perfection, fantastic flavour and beautifully moist. Fab compliments from guests who kept coming back for more, not a scrap left! Couldn’t recommended Kelly Lou Cakes highly enough.
A FEW OF THE THINGS WE’D LIKE TO KNOW ARE:
- Where is your wedding venue?
- How many guests are invited?
- Would you like a single wedding cake, cupcakes, dessert table or a combination of choices?
- Do you prefer fondant (smooth) icing or soft buttercream icing finish?
- How many tiers would you like?
- Is there a theme for your wedding?
- What flavours would you like? (see flavour suggestions here)
- What colours would you like to include in the design? (A swatch of fabric or ribbon is useful)
- Are you using a cake topper? Fresh flowers?
- What size is the room where the cake will be displayed?
Booking your cake
Booking is subject to availability. Each cake is individually designed and we only book a limited number of cakes per week to provide us with the ability to give proper attention to the detail and design of your special cake. It is best to book your cake as soon as possible when you know your wedding date. A deposit of €100 secures your booking. The finished design of the cake can be decided up to 4 weeks before the date. The cake must be paid for in full 10 days before the wedding day. If you are decorating your cake with fresh flowers we recommend that they are supplied by your florist so they match your wedding flowers. We can liaise with your florist to discuss the design. Please note that cake price does not include fresh flowers.
Wedding cake flavours
Below are some of our most popular wedding cake flavours. If you would prefer something different we are open to suggestions!
- Vanilla cake with raspberry conserve and madagascan vanilla buttercream
- Rich chocolate cake with chocolate ganache and a whipped chocolate buttercream
- Guinness chocolate cake with baileys buttercream
- Champagne and Strawberry cake: Vanilla cake infused with champagne syrup, filled with strawberry champagne preserve and champagne infused buttercream.
- Espresso coffee cake with an espresso coffee buttercream
- Moist carrot cake with walnuts and sultanas and a belgian white chocolate or orange buttercream
- Red velvet cake with madagascan vanilla buttercream or belgian white chocolate buttercream
- Raspberry & belgian white chocolate sponge with a madagascan vanilla buttercream
- Lemon cake with a tangy homemade lemon curd, limoncello syrup and lemon buttercream
- Gin and lime cake filled with a zingy lime curd and gin infused buttercream.
- Belgian chocolate biscuit cake with crunchy biscuits, marshmallows and turkish delight
- Chocolate cake with salted caramel filling and caramel buttercream.
- Rich brandy soaked fruit cake.
DELIVERY AND SETTING UP
Due to the delicate nature of cakes we recommend that we deliver and set up your cake. As part of our service we will work with your wedding venue and co-ordinator to ensure that everything runs smoothly on the day. Delivery and setup charge my apply depending on the distance we have to travel. We have a number of cake stands and displays available for hire if needed. A deposit is required which will be refunded once the stands are returned in perfect condition within 3 days